Welcome to This American Plate
This American Plate is a lifestyle blog focusing on everything related to food, including recipes, dining experience reviews, dinner tablescapes, and vegetable and herb gardening. I’m glad to have you here, so please take your time. There’s no need to rush. 🙂 Be sure to follow This American Plate on Facebook, Instagram and Feedly.
- March 22, 2015Read more »
- March 4, 2015I wouldn’t go so far as to actually call a hot dog on a bun a “hot dog sandwich”, sort of like I won’t call a hoagie a “hoagie sandwich”, a Philly cheesesteak a “Philly cheesesteak sandwich”, or a cheeseburger a “cheeseburger sandwich”. But, come on, technically they are still sandwiches. The debate about whether or not a hot dog is a sandwich has been going on for a while and has gotten pretty heated at times… If @TommyHabetz says a hot dog is a sandwich, then it must be so. #hotdogsandwich — bunksandwiches (@bunksandwiches) July 15, 2014 For those playing catchup, listen to me explain why ... Read more »
- February 21, 2015I have eaten beets before, but I have to admit that I have never purchased fresh beets and cooked them. Today, I did just that by roasting them. Though beets are high in carbohydrates, they are packed with healthy nutrients that help lower blood pressure, boost stamina, decrease inflammation, may reduce chances of getting cancer, improve immune system, boosts brain power, and detoxify the body (more). Roasted Beets Bunch of beets with stems/greens still attached Aluminum foil Baking sheet Instructions Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Wash the beets and stems. Cut the stems from the beets (save the “greens” and saute with olive oil, garlic and onions!). Wrap each individual beet with aluminum ... Read more »
- February 11, 2015I don’t know about you, but I was amazed by chocolate milk when I was a little girl. I’d walk down the grocery store aisle with my mom, and when I’d see the chocolate milk tucked into the corner of the milk section, I’d swoon. This was the sweet milk. The good milk. It was rare that my mom would buy it for us, but when she did I remember pouring a glass and drinking it slowly in amazement at how they could get that chocolate into the cartoon just for me. 🙂 As I got older, I stopped noticing the chocolate milk ... Read more »
- February 9, 2015Project 365 | Day 40 So as you probably have realized, most of my photos have been of food or items related to food. I tell you, it’s been challenging photographing food everyday. Yes, I eat everyday, but often times what I’m eating doesn’t inspire me to pick up my camera (think quick baked chicken and steamed spinach). However, I’ve got to find a way to possibly get the whole experience down pat in a 24-hour span. I’ll keep trying, I just need to get creative and soon. This weekend I made a Naked Chocolate Cake with Raspberries that was fun to make AND inspired ... Read more »