Welcome to This American Plate
This American Plate is a lifestyle blog focusing on everything related to food, including recipes, dining experience reviews, dinner tablescapes, and vegetable and herb gardening. I’m glad to have you here, so please take your time. There’s no need to rush. 🙂 Be sure to follow This American Plate on Facebook, Instagram and Feedly.
- June 20, 2014A friend asked if I would make a Coconut Cake. Now, this isn’t something that I’m used to making, so as with most of the recipes here, I went to Pinterest for help. After searching I found a popular recipe for Southern Coconut Cake at CompletelyDelicious.com. Oh, boy! This cake was delicious, airy and filled with coconut goodness. Read more »
- February 2, 2014One of my Pinterest recipe finds includes Grubarazzi.com’s Homemade Chicken Pho (Pho Ga). As soon as I saw the photos on her blog, I knew I had to try the recipe. Read more »
- January 6, 2014This sweet potato chess pie recipe was one that I had in my dessert Pin board for a while before actually making it. The pie was delicious and the crust was easy to make. The best part was the caramelized pecan topping. Yum! Read more »
- January 3, 2014I have pinned many recipes that I vow to try to make in 2014. On January 1, I made my first pinned recipe of the year – Chocolate Buttermilk Bread – “a cross between quick bread and cake, with a tangy buttermilk taste and slightly chocolate-y and sweet” Read more »
- December 19, 2013Last night I made a “French” dinner which included two recipes from one of my favorite websites – Saveur.com. I made Trout Meunière Amandine (Trout with Brown Butter and Almonds) and Potato Gratin. These two recipes included their fair share of butter and heavy cream, so I kept thinking “I’m getting heavy” with each bite. Heavy with happiness. Results The trout was delicious, but my favorite dish was the Potato Gratin. Oh my, oh my! It was really easy to make with a few simple ingredients. The hardest part for me was not having a mandoline on hand, so I had to slice the potatoes ... Read more »