Welcome to This American Plate
This American Plate is a lifestyle blog focusing on everything related to food, including recipes, dining experience reviews, dinner tablescapes, and vegetable and herb gardening. I’m glad to have you here, so please take your time. There’s no need to rush. 🙂 Be sure to follow This American Plate on Facebook, Instagram and Feedly.
- December 15, 2014This salad is great mainly because of the zingy, tangy dressing. However, the best part about this salad is that it’s nutrient and fiber rich. Read more »
- December 12, 2014Nothing makes me think of Christmas more than pretty plates that are white, include cardinals, or have great details and textures. I tend to like generic plates that I can use year-round, but will look festive with the decor that’s just right for the holidays. Since it’s time to pull out the “nice plates”for entertaining, and buy gifts for yoru favorite foodies and entertainers, I’m sharing some of my favorites Christmas holiday dinnerware finds. These would look awesome at your celebration dinner table or, to be honest, any time of the year. Stonewall Kitchen’s Winter Cardinal Collection When I first saw these Winter Cardinal plates, I thought they were ... Read more »
- December 12, 2014As I’ve learned over the past year, there are many ways to keep up with your favorite posts. Here are a few of my favorite tools… Read more »
- December 9, 2014On Monday, I went to the two-week old lucettegrace, a new patisserie in downtown Raleigh. The space was clean, modern and functional. Wait staff was friendly, and patrons seemed to be busy chatting with friends, sipping coffee, or surfing the Internet. However, the best part of all were the desserts. Read more »
- September 18, 2014A couple of weeks ago, I decided that I really wanted to make my own pizza. Most times, I like a good cheese slice, but I really wanted a few veggies on top this time. Check out the recipe. By the way, I have made the pizza crust recipe at least four times over the past 5 years and it is a good one. Read more »